Basic Window Types
Here are some basic window styles and the benefits of each type.
1. Picture - This fixed window type brings in more natural light into your home.
2. Double hung - This type of window is one of the most commonly used in period homes. It consists of two sashes that move up and down.
3. Casement - This type of window is also called a crank window because of the way it works: it is hinged vertically and opens using a crank. This is used for a more modern look and to allot more ventilation in the room.
4. Sliding/Gliding - This window type is placed on a track and moves left or right. It allows more light to pass through the window.
Other Factors to Consider
Aside from choosing the right window type for your home, here are other factors that you should consider when choosing casement windows in Owatonna, MN.
- The placement of the window in your home
- Climate in your area
- Energy efficiency
- Window material
Get Quality Windows for Your Home
If you want simple yet stylish window replacement in Owatonna, MN, contact Home Solutions Midwest today. We offer the finest windows from Renewal by Andersen®, which are made from durable Fibrex material and Low-E4 Glass for energy efficiency. Our windows also come with TruScene insect screens, expert sealing and weatherstripping, and great finishes.
For all your window replacement needs in Albert Lea, Owatonna, Mason City, Rochester, Austin, Faribault, or Northfield, call us at 1-507-373-3435 or fill up our consultation form here.